Presence in Australia : Yes
Country of Manufacture : Philippines
Product Warranty : 25 Years
Performance Warranty : 25 years made pf 95/97%^for the first 5 years, -0.4/0.6 yr. to year 25
Temperature co-efficient (the lower the better) : -0.38
Anti-PID as standard : Yes
Junction Box IP(the higher the better) : IP 65
Tier Ranking : 1
Sunpower have been developing solar technology since the 1970s when the company’s co-founder, Dr. Richard Swanson, was intrigued by solar cells being used on satellites. Sun Power’s E- and X-Series solar panels are cradle-to-cradle (C2C) certified, the first solar panels in the world to gain this certification. SunPower Solar panels are some of the top performing panels on the market today. They are so reliable that they are used by NASA in outer space powering the Mars rover, and closer to home on Earth to explore Greenland’s ice caps and fly solar planes.
Sun Power’s solar technology continues to set records, and the company has become a global leader in the growing solar industry. Sun Power’s solar cells powered the prototype solar airplane Solar Impulse in 2011, which ended up flying for 26 hours powered by the sun alone. The Solar Impulse 2, also powered by SunPower solar cells, is described as a flying laboratory and keeps setting world records. SunPower partnered with Total SA in 2011 and acquired French Solar Company Tenesol in 2012, continuously striving to lead the solar pack. Sun Power’s E- and X-Series solar panels are cradle-to-cradle (C2C) certified, the first solar panels in the world to gain this certification. C2C takes into account the sourcing and recycling of materials as well as the use of renewable energy, water and the treatment of workers and the natural environment where production takes place.
- Very high-quality panels used to power air and water craft as well as the Mars rover.
- Record-breaking module efficiency of over 20%.
- Excellent range of large-sized commercial panels.
- Positive power tolerances of -0/+5%. This means that each 330 watt panel will be at least 330 watt; while cheaper panels can have a negative power tolerance where you end up getting less than what you paid for.
- Panels are guaranteed to be 100% PID (potential induced degradation) -free, perfect for sea-side installations.
- High performance at low irradiation (i.e. from debris, shading etc.), ensuring your energy needs are met even on cloudy days
- Low temperature co-efficient of up to 0.38%. This means that the panels perform well in higher temperatures and are suitable for hot climates.
- Robust construction and high resistance to corrosive environments – definitely the toughest panel on the market.