Canadian Solar Panel
Presence in Australia : Yes
Country of Manufacture : China, Canada, Vietnam
Product Warranty : 10 Years
Performance Warranty : 25 years
Temperature co-efficient (the lower the better) :-0.0041
Anti-PID as standard : Yes
Junction Box IP(the higher the better) : IP 67
Tier Ranking : 1
Founded in 2001 in Canada, Canadian Solar manufacturer solar photovoltaic (PV) modules and specialized solar energy equipment, today operating in 20 countries on six continents. Canadian Solar (Australia) P/L has been established in 2011 in Sydney, giving you peace of mind that local support is around in the unlikely event of a warranty claim.
The company has extensive experience with residential as well as large-scale utility and commercial PV projects in Australia and around the world. They are currently developing their largest project to date for IKEA Australia. 12,122 Canadian Solar PV modules over seven sites in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria will produce 3.6MW of electricity, keeping the furniture company well on track to achieve its ambitious sustainability goals.
In 2015 Canadian Solar committed to a comprehensive waste recycling scheme with the South Australian firm Reclaim PV Recycling to promote the voluntary take-back and recycle program for end-of-life solar panels, an important step to make the Australian solar industry sustainable in the long term.
- Large range of panels, including smart panels with inbuilt inverters.
- Canadian Solar’sbrandnew Ku Modules feature black silicon cell technology, deliver more power and excellent efficiency, which explains why they were chosen for Oakey Solar Farm, to be built west of Brisbane, Queensland, in 2018.
- Outstanding module efficiency of up to 17.45%.
- Positive power tolerances of -0/+5%. This means that each 260 watt panel will be at least 260 watt; many cheaper panels have a negative power tolerance so that you can end up getting less that what you paid for.
- Panels with double glass, corrosion-free construction carry a 100% PID (potential induced degradation) -free guarantee, perfect for sea-side installations.
- High performance at low irradiation (i.e. from tree shading etc.), ensuring your household energy needs are met even on cloudy days.
- Low temperature co-efficient of up to -0.41%. This means that the panel performs well in higher temperatures and is suitable for our Queensland climate.
- Low NOCT (Nominal Operating Cell Temperature) resulting in higher energy productivity.
- Robust construction and high resistance to corrosive environments.